DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Supply and Return from Laundry Room

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mikemy6 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the process of remodeling my basement. I have a 3 year old home and I am adding 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a laundry/utility room. (Also, everythin is below grade).

The laundry room will be located between one of the bedrooms and the bathroom.

My question is: should I (or am I required to) add a heat supply & return to this room?

The house was built with heat supplies to the two bedroom areas. I will need to add returns for them though, and I will need to do a supply to the bathroom (in addition to the fan/light vent).

Thoughts?

Ben
(Wisconsin)

#4 ·
You still have chemicals in there, and who is to say that down the road you or the next home owner donest put a gas dryer in?

Again NO it's a major violation of standard building codes.

#7 ·
We have a gas furnace - very high efficiency one. Our washer & dryer were purchased new for our old home about 8-9 years ago. The old house didn't have a gas line run. We moved and they still work so we brought them with.

How much difference is there in utility costs for gas vs. electric dryer?

We have 4 kids and a lot of laundry. I'm thinking we will be upgrading soon anyway.

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.