Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2005, 04:13 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Skirting board heating

Have recently heard of a skirting board heating system and like the idea. I am thinking of using this for my living room but wondered if anyone else has had any experience of this system. Is it really as effiecient and versitile as they say? I have approached a company for a quote but would like some feed back before parting with my money. Anyone?

Pault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #2

Skirting board heating

Hi! I've just joined this Group and found your message. I am interested in the same subject - how did you get on?

Best wishes

Bob

Bob Squirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #3

Skirting board heating

Also just joined. Have been looking into this too. Have found a couple of products, ThermaSkirt and Climaboard. The latter one, Bob, is the company you own is it not. Got any advice?
sj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 AM   #4

Skirting board heating

Hi sj1980!

No, I don't own the company that makes Climaboard but I must declare an interest: I discovered the product at the beginning of this year and liked it so much that I went to see the manufacturer in Italy and reached agreement to market Climaboard in a number of countries in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I'd not heard of ThermaSkirt until you mentioned it, but having looked at the website it looks very similar to another UK product called "HeatProfile". Both of these look a bit like Climaboard on the outside but are very different internally - Climaboard has a patented aluminium fin system to conduct the heat from the pipes to the wall above. More than this I don't think I should say in open forum but if you would like to chat more off line my private email is bob.squirrell@spamarrest.com

Good luck with your project,

Bob
Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #5

Skirting board heating

Hello,

I too have just chanced across the ThermaSkirt product and I'm very interested as I am about to embark on updating/extending my 1920s bungalow. Do you know how it compares for thermal efficiency with radiators and underfloor heating and what the comparable costs are with these systems?

Spike
wilsonc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #6

Skirting board heating

Hi,

I met the Thermaskirt chaps at Harrogate at the home building and renovation show. It does look impressive and seems well thought out. It has click on covers at the top that can be removed when decorating and one at the bottom so cables can be hidden.

I have called them to ask about a sample of the beech finish skirting board which has just arrived. The finish and quality look very good. Has anybody tried this out before I go ahead and order this?
Tom_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #7

Skirting board heating

Thanks for the response.

You might be interested in a similar produce from Bob Squirrell of this page. I have asked him for further information and will then be able to compare cost and performance.

Spike
wilsonc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #8

Skirting board heating

Thanks for that. I think I have seen this or something very similar in one of the plumbing magazines. It is very similar to the Myson but is made in Turkey or somewhere, I think. It isnt like ThermaSkirt because it is more like a miniature convector radiator with copper pipes and fins.Seems to be quite bulky and I think only comes in certain lengths. If you have any prices let me know, but the ThermaSkirt product looks pretty neat. Tom
Tom_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #9

Skirting board heating

I am looking at Thermaskirt too, I should be receiving a sample of the product soon. If it works OK it looks ideal. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has installed this system. Jane
jane_nrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #10

Skirting board heating

Sounds like Thermaskirt is the way to go if it works as described. No more radiators, nor the expense of underfloor heating!

Like a number of you I've requested a sample from DiscreteHeat, what I really want to hear though is how does it perform and look once installed. Does anyone know of someone who has had it installed?

Looking around I have managed to find a number of similar products including;

www.heatprofile.co.uk
Climaboard (distributed through Technology Marketing Management)
http://www.variotherm.at/

Having looked through all the literature Thermaboard seems to be the way to go, mainly due to availability, price, efficiency, flexibility and ease of installation.

I'm off to the Homebuilding and Renovati­ng Show at the NEC in March so I'll probably wait until after then to place my order. Hopefully give you guinea pigs a chance to evaluate the product!
Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #11

Skirting board heating

Hello, I was wondering if there were any new developments on the subject of Skirting Heating? As previously disclosed, I'm setting up the UK distribution of Italian-manufactured (not Turkish as someone thought above) Climaboard (www.skirting-hearting.co.uk) and am very interested in feedback.

We have completed many installations and have a lot of satisfied customers here in Cyprus (where I'm based and where winter nights can be surprisingly cold in the typical Cypriot uninsulated cement houses) so we have the evidence that it really does do work very efficiently indeed. We now have a distribution base and our first satisfied customers in the UK.

I'll be in the UK with our distributors and installers at the end of June so would really appreciate any feedback from Discussdiy as I'm keen to ensure that product is presented in the best way possible for the UK market and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Cheers

Bob
Old 06-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #12

Skirting board heating

It looks like Bob intended to post this link:

http://www.skirting-heating.co.uk/

sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote