Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

singer air handler

I hope someone can direct me. I read an earlier post that someone was able to give information to someone about getting parts for an old Singer air handler unit. My singer unit is model bce 22008-24-11 and all I need is the drip pan. The size is 7.5" x 19.5" x 1.25" deep (the drain pipe is centered on the 7.5" side). The unit is old but works great except for the pan is rusty. My mistake for cleaning up the rust during the winter when there was no water in pan and when a/c started running, yep water leak. I have patched it but I know it is temporary. I have checked with my local appliance repair guy but said there is no way to get part. HELP. It's an easy replace just need pan. Thanks.

vicenzaborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

singer air handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzaborn View Post
I hope someone can direct me. I read an earlier post that someone was able to give information to someone about getting parts for an old Singer air handler unit. My singer unit is model bce 22008-24-11 and all I need is the drip pan. The size is 7.5" x 19.5" x 1.25" deep (the drain pipe is centered on the 7.5" side). The unit is old but works great except for the pan is rusty. My mistake for cleaning up the rust during the winter when there was no water in pan and when a/c started running, yep water leak. I have patched it but I know it is temporary. I have checked with my local appliance repair guy but said there is no way to get part. HELP. It's an easy replace just need pan. Thanks.
was wondering if you got any info on this handler i have the same 1 and it went poof??????

rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

singer air handler

You can take out the pan, take it to any hvac shop where they fabricate sheet metal and they can make one up for you, should only take them about half an hour to do. I ve work on 3 singers in the past that were as you descibed an search as i might i could not find replacment pans for these, so i would have the guys just make on up for me, that was 8-9 years ago and they are still working with no leaks. goodluck
HvacWiz is offline   Reply With Quote