DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

RUUD Silhouette II Bypass Humidifier problems

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Oleh 
#1 ·
I decided to improve the comfort of my house by adding a humidifier into a system. Bought a bypass humidifier, installed according to instructions. Problem: the furnace works normally but when the humidifier turns on (actually, when the water solenoid gets powered by the humidistat dial turn until click) the blower stops immediately and then the whole furnace turns off and starts from the beginning. In case if the humidistat is in ON position before the thermostat calls for heat (actual humidity is lower than set humidity) the furnace takes a normal start (smoke motor, ignition, gas) but when it comes to starting the blower motor it shuts down right away. I already tried to connect the humidifier between EAC and the neutral (in stead of normal HUM) and the problem remained. I found a suggestion to connect the humidifier parallel to the blower motor G connector. In this case everything works fine but the when the thermostat calls for heating stop the blower goes on working endlessly or until the humidifier is turned off by terning the adjustment wheel below the actual humidity. I think the humidier draws too much power from the HUM terminal, or vise-versa the motor is old and needs replacement? Please, help!

#6 ·
Has anybody experienced the blower-stop-issue when hum connected to RUUD silhouette?
Same problem with other furnace? What if it's a non sufficient current issue? I mean what if the hum draws too much amps from the circuit? Sorry if it's stupid, I'm not a pro! Thanks for support! Please, write all coming to your minds.

#9 ·
I guess it is rather in parallel but guessing without seeing the whole scheme.
I did according to installation instruction: one wire to HUM terminal, another to one of the the NEUTRALS terminals. And, of course, a humidistat in between HUM and the humidistat contact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.