Ruud/Rheem 90 Plus - No Ignition - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ruud/Rheem 90 Plus - no ignition

Up until a day ago all was well. My forced air gas Ruud 90 Plus (UGRA-06EMAEB) furnace is 13 years old. When I found that the air coming from the vents was not warm at all I checked and found that the burners were not lit. There is no pilot but rather electronic ignition. Filter is clean and no vents or returns are obstructed. Any ideas on where I should start?

Advertisement

DanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

just hoping someone can offer some suggestions or a troubleshooting list I should go through before called a tech.
Thanks.

Advertisement

DanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Reset the furnace by shutting off main power for 10 seconds then turn it back on and make sure your thermostat is calling for heat. Does the vent motor (small motor on top portion of furnace start?..If so, do your burners fire at all ( wait approximately 30 secs after vent motor starts). If the burner does fire and shut off after 3 seconds, you probably need to clean or replace the flame rod (small rod usually on left underside of burners). If the burners do not fire, it is either a limit, pressure switch or ignitor problem. You may have an error code led on your furnace control board that will tell you the problem. You will need to source the code information from your owners manual or from a local supplier.
Hope this helps.
Sorry, just noticed this is a high efficiency furnace. you will have an error code on the board....try resetting the furnace and see what the code is flashing. you will have info as to what the problem is in your owners manual. I do not recommend any homeowner working on a high efficiency furnace, especially if it involves opening up the burner chamber, etc. There can be alot of difficulties in replacing some of the parts and it is easy to damage some of the components if you are not careful and do not understand exactly how the furnace should operate.

Last edited by statman; 05-29-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: wrong information
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

flashing light on control board
coolmen is offline   Reply With Quote