Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Ruud furnace

Hi everyone thanks for the valuable info u gave me last time. The furnace is working ok for the most part just had one more question. Sometimes when u turn the furnace off with thermostat and wait several hours then turn it back on it will start right up and run and the house will get up to temp like it should then it will shut down fine but then starts right back up and runs for bit it will do this and then after 3 or 4 times of that it will functions properly and once in a great while it will do it again any ideas what might be going on thanks a lot Joe. model number is ruud ugpj-07eauer

joseph1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2

Ruud furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1122 View Post
Hi everyone thanks for the valuable info u gave me last time. The furnace is working ok for the most part just had one more question. Sometimes when u turn the furnace off with thermostat and wait several hours then turn it back on it will start right up and run and the house will get up to temp like it should then it will shut down fine but then starts right back up and runs for bit it will do this and then after 3 or 4 times of that it will functions properly and once in a great while it will do it again any ideas what might be going on thanks a lot Joe. model number is ruud ugpj-07eauer
What is the reading on the flame sensor?

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
how

Ruud furnace

I wonder if you have a ghosting thermostat problem. The next time that this is happening I'd check to see if your thermostat is calling for heat again.
how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #4

Ruud furnace

Thanks guys how do i check the flame sensor am i doing a ohms reading through it or checking voltag.e to it thanks a lot for the info Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #5

Ruud furnace

if your not over heating from the last cycle and your basically hearing the fan come on 2 or 3 times might be left over heat buildup from the last cycle...keep in mind the fan is the last thing to run when the stat satisfies....especially if you have a bi-metal disc sensing heat-X(fan-on) and needs to cool it off...fan cycle is 100% controlled from the furnace and not the stat in the heating mode...

Last edited by biggles; 12-02-2011 at 01:52 PM.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #6

Ruud furnace

Thanks but the fan run after the furnace shuts down but then as soon as it stops then the other little motor up top that is hooked to presure swithch starts up and then furnace relights but it only does this now and then usually when u just rurn T stat on warms house to temp shuts down and starts right back up and then 3 or 4 times then it works fine except once in a while it will do it again then straighten up thanks for all the info. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #7

Ruud furnace

The Inducer Draft Motor(IDM) will only run if the stat is calling you mighht be doing an anticipation to make set point.but a s i said if your not overheating its the stat that is causing this random run...but the IDM is the first thing to run on a call from the stat....before anything else happens you have to proof air into the burner thu the presssure switch as seen proof of draft you get spark ...pilot proof of pilot...main gas. how digital is your stat is it set for the type of heat your running...check settings
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #8

Ruud furnace

Thanks the stat is not digital my girl friend said it is not that old year or so