DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Room to Room Vent

7K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mrkool 
#1 ·
Hello All,

My boiler/utility room (about 6' x 12') is adjacent to my garage. Since the avg temp in the utility room is about 76 degrees, I am considering installing a Broan room to room vent to bring some warm air into the garage. The garage averages 56 degrees. Do you think this will raise the temp at all in garage?

Thank you.

cj

#2 ·
Not really, when you move air, it tends to cool down, like say a gas furnace with cooling, the cooling is on high speed fan (black wire) but the furnace is on low speed (red wire) to try to keep it as warm as possible.
Now if you just make a square hole in the wall, say 12x12 or 14x14, even number because that's what grille sizes come in, and use 2 stamp face grilles, one on each side, it might not heat the garage up but will help with the warm boiler room issue.

#5 ·
I have a natural gas, hot water heating system. I did have a plumber connect a modine heater directly to the boiler. Hot water circulates from the boiler to the modine unit in the garage. It runs quite a bit to hold the temp. I just figured that the extra heat from the utility room would help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.