Riello 40 Series, Air Adjustment Plate - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
"Old" Newbie
Rewards Points: 153

Riello 40 Series, Air Adjustment Plate

I found the air adjustment plate, along with it's brass bushing and attaching screw, on the floor next to my burner in the basement. Didn't know what it was at the time. We had our annual maintenance check a week ago and I thought that perhaps the tech had removed something and forgot to put it back.
I had a technician come out and he confirmed that the "part" was the Air Adjustment Plate. The Hydraulic Jack had been removed and the official story is that sometimes the hydraulic system leaks and so standard practice is to just remove the jack and plate. (Not really necessary?) Guess the original technician just left the plate behind.

Does this make sense, or should we have a functioning air adjustment plate in our Riello??

RCrosby257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen
Rewards Points: 11,452

Riello 40 Series, Air Adjustment Plate

It provides much of the off cycle efficiency. But can be ran without it. Its your call on whether to fix it or not.

When posting in certain forums, knowing your location will help others give better feedback/advice/solutions to your questions.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote