Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #1

Share |

rheem powervent problem

The fan just runs, sometimes the igniter stays on , other times not. If I remove the tube from the vacc switch , wait and reconnect then the gas flows . Is the vacc switch bad? thanks

ron2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

rheem powervent problem

Hi ron2368

Sorry I haven't answered right away, I am getting ready to start a new carrer that is eating up most of my time. It sounds like to me you have a furnace with a two or three light board. Something has gone bad in the board from what I can tell from your post. Both of these boards are quite reliable, I would say to have your funace serviced and the board replaced. Maintenance is a key factor in the problems with any furnace or air conditioner.

Good luck
Rusty

Old 01-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #3

rheem powervent problem

Thanks. I jumped the vacc and it makes no difference, but the ignition control box keeps making a clicking sound and then the ignitor will go off, so I am figuring the problem is in the box. Thank you for your help. I can fiddle with it to keep us in hot water till Monday then I will call .
ron2368 is offline   Reply With Quote