Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

rheem pain in by butt

I have a Rheem Model # RRKA-A024JK06E, it is only 10 years old and for 2 days now, I can not get the heat to come on longer than 30 seconds. It looks like a dual unit. Electirc for Air and maybe a pump for the gas. I can turn it on manually by connecting the red and white wires from the thermostat, but still only runs 30 seconds and doesn't come back on. Fan works, but only is blowing cold air. Talked to honeywell said was not the thermostat. Talked to a HVAC friend today, and said it could be a safety switch. Does any one have any ideas?

ddurnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #2

rheem pain in by butt

There's diagnostic lights and a chart showing what they mean in the furnace. Check that first.

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #3

rheem pain in by butt

I went out there and looked, but I see nothing flashing and no instructions where the diagnostic might be. I also removed what I thought might be the control panel, but it looks to me it's just a hood.
ddurnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

rheem pain in by butt

Probably best to have your friend come help then.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #5

rheem pain in by butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnal View Post
I have a Rheem Model # RRKA-A024JK06E, it is only 10 years old and for 2 days now, I can not get the heat to come on longer than 30 seconds. It looks like a dual unit. Electirc for Air and maybe a pump for the gas. I can turn it on manually by connecting the red and white wires from the thermostat, but still only runs 30 seconds and doesn't come back on. Fan works, but only is blowing cold air. Talked to honeywell said was not the thermostat. Talked to a HVAC friend today, and said it could be a safety switch. Does any one have any ideas?
sounds like PKG unit. I would call in the pro's. Too much info to try and fix over the computer.
chard is offline   Reply With Quote