Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #1

Share |

Rheem furnace troubleshooting

Hey, first post on the forum but I've been getting some great tips for a while now.

Anyway my g/f and I just purchased our house a few months ago and recently (4weeks or so) the temperature here in Saskatchewan started getting cold. Up untill a couple days ago the furnace a Rheem model# RGDG 07 EAUEA was working perfectly, then upon arriving home from work the house was freezing. Played with the stat and the inducer came on for a few seconds and then nothing. After going down and shutting off power, valve to off for 5 minutes then back on, power back on and everything went smoothly from there.....for about a day.

Woke up this morning to a cold house again, went through same procedure and again started up and ran normally. Well back home from work to the same problem but this time the first time I tried the same procedure as before the ignitor lit up but the valve didn't open. Tried one more time and it then started up and has run fine so far but I'm sure I'll run into this again. Any ideas??

And normally I would call a tech but I'm 2 hours out in the country so thought I'd get an idea here first.

Thanks.

Ryan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Hvac Pro

The circuit board is faulty. Not hard to change yourself. Hope the Mellonheads win today.

Does the board have any flashing LEDSs. May give you an error code and that is on the wiring diagram. VERY small chance 1% that the pressure switch is dropping out intermittently. Need to put a volt meter across its 2 terminals. If it opens you get 24 volts, have to catch that while the problem occurs.

Last edited by yuri; 11-29-2009 at 10:32 AM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #3

You may want to check the the flame sensor. It may need to be cleaned or replaced.
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote