Rheem Furnace Issue
I have an older Rheem furnace model# rgda-10ec-er.
This unit was in the house when I bought it, so I have no history with it. It has the electric ignition (which is also new to me, used to pilot you have to light).
I suspect a faulty gas valve?
1. Was running fine on Monday (after is cycled 2 times to start)
2. Turned on wed night and nothing.
3. Have gas (removed valve and checked for gas before valve.
4. Small pilot line is not plugged (removed from valve body and blew through, got air at other end).
5. Heat / "glow" element comes on, and after some time the control module clicks
6. After this click I get 27Vac at one of the 2 wires on the valve body.
7. Then nothing - No gas, no ignition, and everything shuts down.
8. It will repeat this cycle a couple times then shut off.
I don't want to replace the gas valve to later find out the 27Vac should have been 24Vac, and its an electric issue. If the issue is $100 or so I will just fix it, if I get to the $250 range, I start to consider a new furnace.
So my major question is: 27Vac too much to function valve? Everything else I have read says valve should be 24Vac. And yes, I know how to use a meter properly, and it is working correctly.
Thanks for any help.