Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to bgefire
Share |

Repositioning cold air return

I am doing some work in a newly purchased house. I am taking down a 2 walls of a bedroom located right by the front door. This will make a dining room. The problem I have is that in one of the walls has a cold air return in it. I am planning to have new HVAC in the spring, but I hope I can still do the remodel and relocate the cold air return now. Maybe block it off and address it in the Spring? Or is that a really bad idea?
bgefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Repositioning cold air return

Hi bgefire

You don't want to block the return air at all. Just like the human body, what goes in has to come out. As far a relocating you will wan't to get with a proffesional to help determine the best location for it. The position of a return air is more important than the supply. The return air has to take all the air back in from the supply as well as the air from any leaks. To keep yourself comfortable and your system working at its peak, consult a local proffesional that you trust. Hope this help with your request.

Good Luck
Rusty
#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote