DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Replacing Heat Pump system - Carrier or Rheem?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  beenthere 
#1 ·
My old Ruud unit has bit the dust and trying to get some feedback on which system I should go with. I have been quoted the following 3 ton systems:

Rheem
15 SEER Heat pump system with variable speed fan (tax credit eligible as well)

Condenser
Model: RPQL 036 JAZ

Air Handler
Model: RHPL HM 3621 JA (this is actually 16 SEER)

Approx $5400 after Manufacturer rebates. The price also includes relocating the condenser from the rear of house to side (about 15 feet)

OR

Carrier

Condenser
Comfort Series 15 SEER Heat pump

Air Handler
Performance Series 15 SEER Furnace with variable speed motor

Approx same price as the Rheem without having to deal with the rebate.

We live in Florida and want to make sure we get the best system within our budgets and that is eligible for the tax credits.

See less See more
#7 ·
No its not.

Carrier bought ICP. And ICP is using Carriers old designs.

Carrier revamped the ICP line. Heil was once the top end unit.
Now, Tempstar is the high end unit.

#4 ·
Have you checked with anyone that sells nordine products ??? I have started selling / installing their products... Very good warranty.... they will warranty all parts for 10 yrs ! If after the 1 st. year the compressor fails.. They will supply a with new unit . Not just a compressor to be changed out

#5 ·
Ken

Is that warr only with R-410a or with R-22 as well

COmfortmaker and Arcoaire offer 7 yr No Hassel on 410a systems if the compressor or condenser fails in the first 7 years you get a new condenser unit does not include 22 systems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.