DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Replacing Carrier Thermostat with Honeywell

21K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jgoldman77 
#1 ·
I am replacing a Carrier 960 thermostat with a Honeywell 8500. Should be an easy install, but the wires are not matching up. Does anyone have experience with this wiring? We have a Bryant 2 heat/1 cool heat pump.

Thank you!!

#4 ·
t-stat

On the new t-stat you read the letters on the outside of the t-stat.
Yellow goes to y, orange goes to o/b, white goes to aux, green goes to g, red goes to R while keepin the jumper intalled between r and rc, and blue goes to C.
When programming make sure you pick the reversing valve energizes in cooling.

#6 ·
On the new t-stat you read the letters on the outside of the t-stat.
Yellow goes to y, orange goes to o/b, white goes to aux, green goes to g, red goes to R while keepin the jumper intalled between r and rc, and blue goes to C.
When programming make sure you pick the reversing valve energizes in cooling.
Thank you!! The connections you suggested worked, and my system is working perfectly! Only question is, what do you mean by "reversing valve"??

#5 ·
I installed a new Honeywell last fall, and had similar issues (wiring/colors/etc..) not matching with install diagrams. I called Honeywell, and their tech person walked me through to a successful install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.