Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #1

Share |

The repair is "The Bomb"

I know you are not going to believe me. Because frankly, I find it unbelievable.
I would not have believed it if the new repair guy you sent had not shown it to me.

Look at the picture below. Specifically the area circled in red.
If you look closely you will see that the two yellow wires are folded back and then spliced together with electrical tape.
What USED to be there was a safety device which cuts off the gas if it detects the flames being blown back. The new repair man said that this can happen if a strong breeze blows down the chimney.
The repair man at “Home Sweet Home Mechanical” removed the safety device and spliced the connectors together with electrical tape.

About 6 inches from the spliced wires is the gas leak (shown by the red tape). This is because he did not install the gas regulator correctly. You can see it is pointing out when it should be vertical. (the cover didn't even fit over the furnace)

That’s a great set up if you want to burn someone’s house down or kill them in their sleep.

If this was winter, we might be dead by now. The fire would have been possible if we were using the furnace.:furio us:

What approach should I take with the original repair guy who has now ruined my furnace beyond repair?

tenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

The repair is "The Bomb"

Pics didn't show up. Try posting them again.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #3

The repair is "The Bomb"

breeze can come from his mouth also when he talks the roll out is for a blocked heat exchanger or if one is cracked on a furnace heating system
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

The repair is "The Bomb"

if he is that stupid or ignorant I would leave him alone. small possibility he could get very mad and possibly violent. people these days can and do flip. don't want rocks thrown through your windows at night do you?
raylo32 (06-27-2013)