Propane Heater - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Propane Heater

I have 2 heaters in my new house.. upstairs and down.The up stairs one is far at the end of the house and not "centered" to get proper flow. Since I moved in 11-08, I've had to change the Air Flow filters 4 times, including the original. I purchase good ones and still had to change them. Between the guy who installed the heater and the builder, the duck vents had been "opened" for over 1 1/2 years. Could the dirt build up be the problem? Or the place where the heater is placed in the ceiling. I freeze in the open living/kitchen area and had to purchase a portable heater just to warm up that room. Plus I have a wood stove in there and use it, too. Can anyone give ideas, please on what I can have done..Thanks..

Advertisement

iblyn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Propane Heater

If these were used during construction there could be crap in the ducts and the a/c coil could be plugged with drywall dust etc..
Might want to have the ducts cleaned. Maybe the builder will foot the bill.

Advertisement

SKIP4661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 714

Propane Heater

I would also call a heating service co and have him inspect the furnace to see if the fan and A/C coil are plugged with dirt AND have him check the ductwork to make sure all the pipes are connected properly and open. LOTS of strange things happen in new home construction.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #4

Propane Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIP4661 View Post
If these were used during construction there could be crap in the ducts and the a/c coil could be plugged with drywall dust etc..
Might want to have the ducts cleaned. Maybe the builder will foot the bill.
Hi Skip..Thanks for the advise.. I plan on trying to find a licensed HVAC guy around here, which is between slim & none. I have a feeling the ducts are filled with dirt and whatever. As for the builder "footing the bill"..He owes me so much money for draws he was paid and then I had to go and hire guys to get things done, which was included in his contract..That's another story and it's not a good one.. Out here in very rural Nevada, no one goes by rules, codes or getting licenses..
Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #5

Propane Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
I would also call a heating service co and have him inspect the furnace to see if the fan and A/C coil are plugged with dirt AND have him check the ductwork to make sure all the pipes are connected properly and open. LOTS of strange things happen in new home construction.
Hi yuri..Thanks for the advise. As both you and skip mentioned..I do plan on doing that.Just finding someone, out here, who knows what they are doing..is a different story. Out here, in rural NV their isn't much of a choice and I'm not about to use unlicensed anything..Been there..and not by choice...
Thanks