Programmable Thermostat On Pellet Stove - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

Programmable Thermostat on Pellet Stove

I have a Quadrafire Castille pellet stove that is controllable by a basic thermostat they provided. It doesn't provide any voltage to the stove; it's just an on/off relay. I want to replace it with a basic programmable thermostat and I've bought a Honeywell RTH221 for that purpose. However, no schematic is provided (including online) and the instructions only lead me through connecting previous wires from an old unit. I don't really have that since this is a new install, so can anyone tell me which connections in the Honeywell will provide the basic relay function?

Advertisement

WallyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Programmable Thermostat on Pellet Stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyB View Post
I have a Quadrafire Castille pellet stove that is controllable by a basic thermostat they provided. It doesn't provide any voltage to the stove; it's just an on/off relay. I want to replace it with a basic programmable thermostat and I've bought a Honeywell RTH221 for that purpose. However, no schematic is provided (including online) and the instructions only lead me through connecting previous wires from an old unit. I don't really have that since this is a new install, so can anyone tell me which connections in the Honeywell will provide the basic relay function?
Red Wire > RC (Jumped to RH)
Yellow Wire > Y
Green Wire > G
White Wire > W
Orange Wire > O
Blue Wire > B
There are also a brown wire and a black wire not used coming out of the wall.

The new honeywell has the following connections:

Conventional --- HP
C --- C
G --- G
Y --- Y
W --- O/B
RC (jumped to R) --- RC (jumped to R)
R --- R
W2 --- AUX
Y2 --- E
--- L

Advertisement