Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #1

Share |
Question

programmable line voltage therm for fan heat

My cottage has a heat unit installed at the bottom of the bathroom sink vanity enclosure. The other units in the house are electric baseboard units but this is a box that sits on the floor basically and blows heat into the bathroom. Don't know the model or brand. Right now there's a simple white knob hi/low line voltage therm installed on the wall that controls it but I'd like to change that to a more sophisticated line voltage programmable one.

The only one I've found is the Aube TH115 and it says electric heat only. It seems to constantly vary the voltage instead of just turning it on and off as the present one does. Is this OK to use with the fan unit? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

thanks for any help!

nykije is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #2

Unhappy

programmable line voltage therm for fan heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykije View Post
My cottage has a heat unit installed at the bottom of the bathroom sink vanity enclosure. The other units in the house are electric baseboard units but this is a box that sits on the floor basically and blows heat into the bathroom. Don't know the model or brand. Right now there's a simple white knob hi/low line voltage therm installed on the wall that controls it but I'd like to change that to a more sophisticated line voltage programmable one.

The only one I've found is the Aube TH115 and it says electric heat only. It seems to constantly vary the voltage instead of just turning it on and off as the present one does. Is this OK to use with the fan unit? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

thanks for any help!
I don't know the specs. of that particular model. But when it says "(Electric) Heat Only" it means only resistive loads, like heating elements and no INDUCTIVE loads, like fans or Fluorescent lights. Including CFL.

spark plug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
line voltage therm