DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Programmable Electric Baseboard Heaters

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  beenthere 
#1 ·
We bought an old house back in the spring. The bedroom had this slider that led out to a screen porch. We hated it, and needed more storage, so we walled off part of the screen porch, removed the slider, and put in a wall and bifold door. It gave us a nice 9x9 walk-in closet.

Now we need to heat it. I would like to use electric baseboard heat. What size heater would I need to occasionally heat 81 square feet, given normal ceiling height? I looked at Lowes and found a variety of sizes, but I'm not crazy with a simple "Low, High, Off" thermostat. Do they make electric baseboard heat that will work with a programmable thermostat? I'd like to have it shut off at night and during the workday without me having to do it.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Do you know which brands have programmable thermostats? The brand that Lowes seems to carry is called Fahrenheat, and their electric baseboard heaters had only two options for thermostats, and both were mounted on the units themselves and were not programmable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.