DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Problems with SYSTXCCUID01-B and 58MVB080

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cmeisel2009 
#1 ·
Hi,

My father in law purchased us a 58MVB080 a while back and I hooked up a cheap $20 thermostat. Last week a friend came by and educated me that I should really have a SYSTXCCUD01-B installed to take advantage of the unit and not run it on high all the time. So I bought one and installed it (so I thought).
I hooked all cables up as advised (Yellow from Thermostat to Y/Y2, Red from Thermostat to R, Green from Thermostat to G and White from Thermostat to W/W1).

I hooked it up, turns the heater back on, went upstairs to admire the new thermostat and the SYSTXCCUID01-B is not staring up. It seems off.
Once every minute (or maybe two) it flashes white but other than that it appears dead. I pressed every button...nothing. I checked the fuse on the furnace and it appears ok. The furnace (I checked in the dark) blinks. One short blink and two long ones...one short, two long ones.
I am completely lost on what to do next. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

claus

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.