Problems With Central Air Cooling System - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Problems with Central Air Cooling System

Does anyone know how to hire your own professionals to fix my central air system that I purchased through sears? The carrier system is warrantied through sears and carrier. Last year I had a problem with it and my own HVAC professional said to use Sears and have them replace the problem since its under their warranty. So now I went to use my AC system again and it didnt work right. So I put no stock in the abilities and of Sears professionals. if I knew my Hvac guy before I had the system put in, I wouldve had him do it. Im sick of Sears people not being able to identify and fix the problems. Is there any way I can use my own professional and bill sears? Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

golfgod04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
Oldbie

Sears does have a money back garranty if your not happy. If your within that time frame, check it out.
I don't see Sears paying for another contractor to fix the problems- you would have to check with them on that.
If the problems can't be fixed- then you are intitled for compensation in having a new system installed or having it removed. Of course any problem can be solved- it's just a matter of experience and knowing what your doing.

Advertisement

mrtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtech View Post
Sears does have a money back garranty if your not happy. If your within that time frame, check it out.
I don't see Sears paying for another contractor to fix the problems- you would have to check with them on that.
If the problems can't be fixed- then you are intitled for compensation in having a new system installed or having it removed. Of course any problem can be solved- it's just a matter of experience and knowing what your doing.
thanks for the input. Sears has sent 3 different "professionals" last year and none of them said the same thing was the problem. my plumber/hvac guy knows what the problem and has told us what to tell sears. The problem is that I cant afford to pay my plumber/hvac guy because of how much ive already paid sears for the system. They are coming over wednesday, hopefully this time they will get it right.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
Diesel Fitter

Rewards Points: 150

Well what ya gotta do is tell the ''pro" what the problem is, without letting him know that he dont know his a$$ from his elbow. Not as easy as it sounds.
mikemy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #5

haha yeah I know what you mean.. now I have to take a half day off from work to be here and deal with this. not looking forward to that either. I just wish I could hire my pro and have them bill Sears.