DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Problem: Goodman GMNT to Hunter 44155C Thermostat

34K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  reynfill 
#1 ·
First time poster here hoping someone can shed some light on my problem...

I have a Goodman GMNT Furnace (Manual)
I just purchased a Hunter Programmable Thermostat 44155C which looks something like this:

My problem is I cannot seem to get the wiring set up correctly. Ignore the wiring in the picture, that is not my photo.

I have a 5 wire thermostat wire coming from my furnace. G, W, Y, B, R

My AC Unit outside has a red and white wire running from it to the furnace. They are tied into the thermostat lines.

Please view my attached schematic for more detail.

I have tried a great many wiring combo's but none seem to work well. The best I can get is the AC and Furnace to turn on at the same time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wire nut one of the wires from the a/c unit to the blue wire. Then you should follow the r to red, green to g, white to w/b, yellow & the other a/c line to y1. Not being there, I am making an educated guess that the blue is the common connection at the control board. It wouldn't hurt to verify this. Good luck

#3 ·
First time poster here hoping someone can shed some light on my problem...

I have a Goodman GMNT Furnace (Manual)
I just purchased a Hunter Programmable Thermostat 44155C which looks something like this:

My problem is I cannot seem to get the wiring set up correctly. Ignore the wiring in the picture, that is not my photo.

I have a 5 wire thermostat wire coming from my furnace. G, W, Y, B, R

My AC Unit outside has a red and white wire running from it to the furnace. They are tied into the thermostat lines.

Please view my attached schematic for more detail.

I have tried a great many wiring combo's but none seem to work well. The best I can get is the AC and Furnace to turn on at the same time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

If this is like the stat you have it is for a heat pump but will work for you so..

Red to RC/RH
Green to G
White to W
Yellow to Y1
and tape off the blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.