Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #1

Share |

Pressure relief leaking and expansion tank full

I noticed the pressure relief valve on my boiler had a steady drip coming out of it.....Its from a weil mclain cgi boiler. I decided to test the pressure in the expansion tank, and saw that it was at 0....the pressure in the boiler was at 12psi. I but a bike pump on the schrader valve of the expansion tank to fill it up but no air entered. I then used a portable comperssor with 60psi in the tank still no air entered. I then swapped the schradder for a new one...Still nothing...I took the valve stem out agian and looked in the tank thru the hole and saw what looks to be rubber....I then totally opened the relief valve to drop the pressure to zero to see if that would allow me to put air in the tank still nothing..Im suspecting its a faulty tank accompanied by a stuck relief valve which i have changed before...It was stuck open due to green scale....
heres some pics

themow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #2

Pressure relief leaking and expansion tank full

Ok new expansion tank and pressure relief valve as of just now....the boiler is empty i need instructions on filling it propery..i was thinking i would flush the internal tank aswell as it has never been done....im sure the zones need to be flushed too as i believe there is air in the system

themow is offline   Reply With Quote