Potential Work Truck? - HVAC - Page 3 - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 26,526
Rewards Points: 4,690
Default

Potential work truck?


Remember, its you work truck. So don't go using it to pick up women.

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #32
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,270
Default

Potential work truck?


Oh no, of course not. That's what my '98 Ford Windstar mini van is for.

An old teenage skateboarding bud from about 20 years ago moved into the house across the street, directly in front of mine. He is now part owner and manager of a body shop. $50 and he'll buff out all the scratches and detail the interior. I told him if the work is good than I don't like paying that cheap, friend or not. He told me to tip the rest.

On top of that my luck just keeps getting better and better. His friend owns a tire and wheel shop just around the corner.

In the words of Ice Cube, today is a good day.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF SWEARING AND ADULT LANGUAGE IS OFFENSIVE TO YOU!!


We're a family site. No such likes are ever allowed.
__________________
Thanks.

Last edited by beenthere; 05-19-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: inappropriate link
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,525
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Potential work truck?


Glad to hear/see that things are looking up for you Doc.

Last edited by VIPlumber; 05-19-2012 at 04:30 PM.
VIPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #34
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,270
Default

Potential work truck?


Thanks. It would seem I got in with a really good company at a really good time. Before they bought me this truck they put me on a 24k a year base minimum, like a retainer. I didn't do any work all week, nothing at all, but I'll be getting paid.

Yup, things are loOking mighty gOod.

What sucks is that the truck won't be registered until next week, I can only drive in around the block at the moment and even then it's taking a big chance of getting a ticket. I am highly antsy to drive it.
__________________
Thanks.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,270
Default

Potential work truck?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Oh no, of course not. That's what my '98 Ford Windstar mini van is for.

An old teenage skateboarding bud from about 20 years ago moved into the house across the street, directly in front of mine. He is now part owner and manager of a body shop. $50 and he'll buff out all the scratches and detail the interior. I told him if the work is good than I don't like paying that cheap, friend or not. He told me to tip the rest.

On top of that my luck just keeps getting better and better. His friend owns a tire and wheel shop just around the corner.

In the words of Ice Cube, today is a good day.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF SWEARING AND ADULT LANGUAGE IS OFFENSIVE TO YOU!!


We're a family site. No such likes are ever allowed.

Whoopsie! I figured it may be a bit over the edge, even with the warning.

My fault but still, a good day.
__________________
Thanks.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #36
Learning Things Every Day
 
Jay 78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 555
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Potential work truck?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

What sucks is that the truck won't be registered until next week, I can only drive in around the block at the moment
Well at least you can have the satisfaction of tricking people into thinking that the school bus or UPS truck is coming.
__________________
Under Construction
Jay 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 492
Rewards Points: 344
Default

Potential work truck?


Nice truck Doc! That 7.3 powerstroke was a great motor, much better than the later hated 6.0, or as we call them, 6.uh oh!
I have an 86 F250 with the 6.9 diesel and I will never part with that truck, it's cheap and easy to maintain and dependable as the sun.
sammy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,270
Default

Potential work truck?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay 78 View Post
Well at least you can have the satisfaction of tricking people into thinking that the school bus or UPS truck is coming.

I have some terribly annoying neighbors across the street. Not my friend I previously mentioned but right next to them. They are some late teen/early twenty something year old brats. All they do is mess around with their little wanna be Fast and The furious toy cars. They drive up and down the street with their loud exhaust on their crappy little dropped cars that they think are so bad. Always under the hood of their cars with their friends over and working on their cars too, revving the engines while blaring God awful crap rap and tossing trash on the ground and the list just goes on and on and on of bs I have to deal with.

Now I have this diesel. I hit the gas and all their alarms go off.

They're finally getting lesson 101 in a taste of their own medicine. Feels good, I find it pretty amusing.
__________________
Thanks.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #39
Learning Things Every Day
 
Jay 78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 555
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Potential work truck?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

Now I have this diesel. I hit the gas and all their alarms go off.
__________________
Under Construction
Jay 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #40
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,270
Default

Potential work truck?


She didn't even flinch. One complete system and a condenser.




Advertisement

__________________
Thanks.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues w/ Old Work Box mkrawitz Electrical 5 04-19-2010 12:53 PM
Electrical work in Branford, CT - Can I do it? ControlTech Electrical 11 01-11-2009 01:45 PM
Need help with permit/city got a Stop Work Order. amdspitfire General DIY Discussions 39 02-07-2008 03:45 PM
Am I being overcharged for general construction work? baloney12 Building & Construction 2 07-11-2007 07:09 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts