Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

pilot not lighting on NG Coleman mobile home

Bought old trailer. Furnace is natural gas Coleman 7656B, series 856. Got new thermostat, wired correctly (talked to honeywell). Bought new thermocouple, tried adjusting several times. MY PILOT WILL NOT LIGHT! Holding the PILOT position and providing a match I get a blue flame that comes out fan-like, will not seem to affect the thermocouple and dies when I release the button. Any help would be appreciated. much thanks to all.

TFRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 77

The usual problem is that the pilot burner orifice is dirty and needs to be cleaned. That involves removing the brass ferrule that holds the pilot tubing in the pilot burner with a 7/16" wrench, which allows the pilot orifice to be removed. Some pilot orifices can be cleaned with a wire from a wire brush, others may need to be blown out with some compressed air or replaced if the holes are too small and can't be cleaned properly.

firedawgsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firedawgsatx For This Useful Post:
TFRipper (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Am going to try to clean pilot orifice right now. My unit is small and tight and I don't have much room at all. That's why this whole ordeal has taken way too long and been painful. Will update later. thanks again friends
TFRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 2,384

And if that does not work you replace the whole pilot burner as those orifices are very difficult to clean or get out.