DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Pilot Light lits but not stay

7K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  mikemy6 
#1 ·
hi
we have a Honeywell v4600c boiler.
from yesterday we found its stoped to working when we try to on manually then just pilot light lits but once i leave gas valve its gone down. its not stay.
please can anybody help me please.
thanks.

#3 ·
thanks for your reply.
yes i hold it for more then minutes some time two minutes but as soon as i released the pilot button flame gone down. i tried few other things aswell. just holding button and swith high thermostate and switch on water and heater and continusely holding but as i realeased the button same thing happed. what i did today open it and clear the pilot pin and clean the other bit which next to that.

#5 · (Edited)
is the other bit a small piece of metal w/a small copper tube going to the pilot /gas control? If so you may be able to replace it if it has a nut holding it to the control valve.Shut the elec. and gas before you do anything! This is the thermocouple and must be replaced W/the same one it keeps the gas valve from opening with no pilot

#14 · (Edited)
it should be a very small copper tube looks like a coiled up wire where it goes into the control it should go thru the center of a nut about 1/4 to 3/8 inch the bit (bulb) side should only be held next to the pilot W/ a screw just note the position of the bulb upon removal cause you want it to go back in the same spot.dont rip out the metal hanger at the pilot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.