PEX Radiant Heating - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

PEX Radiant Heating

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a foreclosed house, which had all of the heating on the first floor removed. I decided to install a pex radiant heating system on the first floor, where the pex will be installed in circuits between the joist in the basement, below the subfloor. I purchased all of the equipment including the oxygen barrier pex, a 4-port manifold, some aluminum transfer plates and all of the equipment for the installation.

I'm trying to do as much of the work myself and I just finished installing all of the circuits below the subfloor and it looks like this: http://corvallisdowntownliving.com/S...taple%20up.png
(This isn't my actual install, but it looks identical to this with 4 equal length circuits covering the entire first floor).

All of my lines are connected to the return and supply side of my manifold, like so: https://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Imag...lds_xlarge.jpg (again, not my actual install, but identical equipment)

Next I need to hook this up to my furnace. My furnace is set up for 2 zones, one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs.

I've been told I need a mixing valve to help regulate the temperature between the supply and return lines, but I'm not exactly sure where to install this.

Can someone tell me what I need between the manifold and the furnace? If you need more information please let me know and I can supply you with pictures later tonight.

Thanks in advance for the help. -Justin.

Advertisement

JStephens11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,712

PEX Radiant Heating

Mixing/tempering valve. the circ pulls through it.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

PEX Radiant Heating

Thanks Beenthere.

Another question...which I feel stupid asking but anyways..how do I thermostatically control this system?
JStephens11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,712

PEX Radiant Heating

Get a Taco zone control panel. Both zones will have their own stat and their own circulator.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (12-04-2012)