Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

PAYNE Pressure switch error code 23

I have a Payne gas heater that is not starting with error code 23. This says it's a crimped hose or stuck switch. I don't see the hose being crimped so, I shut off the juice and turned it back on, still failed. I flicked the presure switch and recycled again this time it came on. It has failed again and was able to get it started. My question is it something in the hoses or truely a bad switch. Can anyone recommend someting to try before buying a new switch?:confused:

WRKPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
weinstall.ca

Rewards Points: 25
PAYNE Pressure switch error code 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRKPA
I have a Payne gas heater that is not starting with error code 23. This says it's a crimped hose or stuck switch. I don't see the hose being crimped so, I shut off the juice and turned it back on, still failed. I flicked the presure switch and recycled again this time it came on. It has failed again and was able to get it started. My question is it something in the hoses or truely a bad switch. Can anyone recommend someting to try before buying a new switch?:confused:
It does not have to be a pinched line.
Sometimes you can it may be that you have to cut a small piece of the tube off at both ends. say about 1/2 an in.
If that does not work make sure that the tubing coming off of the ventor motor is higher than the pressure switch sometimes water will get in the tube if it is too low.
Make sure that your contractor put in b venting from your furnace to your chimney liner.
Also make sure that there is no retrictions in your venting.

Then make sure all your connections are tight.
If all this fails to work then you proballly have a bad pressure switch on your furnace.

Allan Thorne
Clarkson Comfort Zone Heating and Air
Mississauga Ontario

allan is offline   Reply With Quote