DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

outside fan constantly on.. pulled fuse block...help

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AlexnBeth 
#1 · (Edited)
outside fan/ air condenser is constantly on, I pulled the fuse block that shut off the power to the unit, heater under the house works fine, but my question is, how long can i run my heater with out my "outside fan" NOT turned on with the heater (furnace) on....???

Goodman manufacturing
model# - CPKE30-1B
pn- 14930-75
sn- 9902400789

am i going to ruin anything if i have my heater turned on without my " outside heat pump" turned on??

how would i know if i have a bad or stuck relay??

THANK YOU!!

FIXED!!!

""
Contractor, okay thanks, looked at it, i had one weird looking relay bundle hooked up and one of the wires was actually touching a yellow wire, separated them, put the fuse block back in, didn't turn on, WORKS NORMAL....OR AS ADVERTISED

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, please post brand and model number of both the outdoor and indoor unit.

If its a heat pump, your thermostat may be one of the ones that keeps a heat pump running 24/7 after it gets X cold outside. And by shutting it off your now running on the expensive electric aux heat.

#5 ·
Goodman manufacturing
model# - CPKE30-1B
pn- 14930-75
sn- 9902400789

am i going to ruin anything if i have my heater turned on without my " outside heat pump" turned on??

thank you guys for your help, tomorrow i will be crawling under the house to check any relays,

how would i know if i have a bad or stuck relay??

THANK YOU!!

#6 ·
turn your thermostat to emergency heat. turn the stat up several degrees higher then the room temp. then turn the power back on to your outdoor unit. If it doesn't run, then its not a stuck relay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.