Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #1

Share |

Office Heating and Air

The office building I work in has an AC/Furnace behind the building which is a very long shaped building. When we run the AC during the summer, it is always hot in the front of the building and cold in the back. In the winter when we run the heat it is freezing in the front and hot in the back. Everyone complains and is constantly changing the thermostat. I have tried searching for vent covers to put over the ceiling vents in the back of the building but I cannot seem to find any. Do they exist? I tried to find away to adjust the current ceiling vents, but I cannot. Is there anything I can do?
bizb0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #2

Office Heating and Air

There should be balancing dampers in each run. If not, they can be installed at any time.
Once the dampers are in, call in a company that does air balancing to set the system up properly.
Gencon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #3

Office Heating and Air

the four way grill might be able to be pinched out with it being held in by springs on one side...if it is cut pieces of cardbord the size of the open.starting from the back block every other register from the unit as you work your way into the space.if the ceiling is the return to the main unit and you see what we call EGG-CRATE instead of ceiling tiles that is the returns add some towards the back area as you block up the random registers.by adding the return egg crate and blocking the supply you are going to condition the nearest area(hot...cold problem) with the return from the space which is more consistant.if the furthest registers should start to increase in air as you block the back.on adding the return eggcrating....try to add on a 2x2 piece section,and repalce others with a full ceiling tile and kep hem as far away from the supply grills as possible along the walls down the middle of the space.do a couple a week blocking the registers and adding returns see if it effects the space condition overall from to back to the front

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote