Nothing Seems To Work!!! - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Nothing seems to work!!!

I bought my home last year had furnace serviced to make sure everything is in working condition, plus its my first home so I had no idea how to operate it. Everything was working fine and then a couple days back nothing works. No heat, no air conditioning, and the fan doesn't turn on. When I hit reset switch fan motor starts and in a matter of a few seconds it shuts down. My system is a Lennox G32Q4/5-100-2. When I look at the sure light diagnostic lights they both blink simultaneously slow. I am at a stand still for ideas. Any advice would be helpful...

Advertisement

gkirishgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #2

Unhappy

Nothing seems to work!!!

I have a Lennox G32Q4/5-100-2 furnace system, and as of a couple days ago everything has stopped working. The air conditioner doesn't turn on, the furnace won't light, and even the fan isn't turning on. After flipping reset switch the motor seems to start but in a matter of seconds it shuts itself down. At beginning of winter this past year I had service guy come out to do a checkup and since It was my first house I had no clue how to even operate the system. He checked and said everything was working properly. Now with finances the way they are I am hoping someone knows what may be causing this latest malfunction. Any ideas would be helpful....

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Nothing seems to work!!!

Is there a float switch or condensate pump connected to the condensate drain? If so clean it out.
There is no reset switch. Turning the power off and then back on does clear any fault codes so the furnace runs the inducer and checks safeties and pressure switches the first 2 seconds after it's switched back on.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #4

Nothing seems to work!!!

Try turning the fan from "auto" to "on" and check for operations. I agree to also look for safeties, if the furnace has diagnostic display and no thermostat that could be broken for a float switch.

Good luck
Dr.HVAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #5

Nothing seems to work!!!

I found condensate pump and it was disgusting. I removed it and cleaned everything it looks like new. I hooked it back up and manually tested both switches on it, both worked or I assume they did cause it turned on the pump. Now am I suppose to fill it with clean water or leave it empty? Wondering only cause after cleaning it I proceeded back to troubleshooting furnace. And nothing has changed. All systems are still a no go. I just wanted to make sure that I completed that step in regards to finding the problem. I have also taken the time to double check each and every wire and connection involved with furnace and equipment to make sure they are all actually hooked up and not loosely attached. I am also kinda wondering whether or not I should try replacing thermostat, its new as of last year its digital and it visually seems to work but is there a way to make sure its working? And are there any other steps to try before spending the money to bring someone in to look at it?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 500

Nothing seems to work!!!

Can you be specific about the problem? Does the problem is happening in the cooling mode or heat?
Inside fan is running?
Outside fan is running?

**Always kill the power ** Hot air rises, but heat will always move from higher to lower temperatures. ** Real man shoot in manual. ** If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead.
JJboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
AKA HVACTECHFW

Rewards Points: 1,098

Nothing seems to work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirishgod View Post
I found condensate pump and it was disgusting. I removed it and cleaned everything it looks like new. I hooked it back up and manually tested both switches on it, both worked or I assume they did cause it turned on the pump. Now am I suppose to fill it with clean water or leave it empty? Wondering only cause after cleaning it I proceeded back to troubleshooting furnace. And nothing has changed. All systems are still a no go. I just wanted to make sure that I completed that step in regards to finding the problem. I have also taken the time to double check each and every wire and connection involved with furnace and equipment to make sure they are all actually hooked up and not loosely attached. I am also kinda wondering whether or not I should try replacing thermostat, its new as of last year its digital and it visually seems to work but is there a way to make sure its working? And are there any other steps to try before spending the money to bring someone in to look at it?
Leave the pump dry, it will fill on its own.

a voltmeter can be used to check the system properly. but, you can try jumpering R to G at the thermostat (this will turn on the blower). This will tell you if its the stat if the blower comes on. Does your stat use batteries? Have you tried replacing them?

Advertisement