No Heat - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

No Heat

Hi,
I have a York Diamond 90 heater, and I am getting no heat, blows cold air, checked all breakers and fuses, blower comes on fine, A/C comes on fine, on the status light it blinks 4 times and the codes says it is the High AUX or Spill switch is open, does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisement

Coorslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 864

No Heat

The spill switch is a limit switch mounted on the burner box and has a red reset button and should NEVER trip unless you have a cracked/plugged heat exchanger. Check to see if your intake/exhaust pipes are plugged with snow/debris as it is remotely possible that could be the problem. If they are okay then call a pro as you may have a VERY serious problem.

Advertisement

yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

No Heat

The high limit switch is a safety switch located on the firewall that turns the burner off when the furnace gets to hot. This is usually happens when the airflow is restricted, such as a dirty filter. This switch normally resets itself but sometimes they stick. If you are lucky you can tap on the switch with the butt end of a screwdriver and it will reset. Otherwise you will have to replace it. The spill switches are normally located around the burner box and have two wires connected to them. They are generally the diameter of a nickle and they have a manual reset between the wires. These switches shouldn't trip unless there is a more serious issue.
SKIP4661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

No Heat

I have a Lennox Air Handler and outside A/C unit attached. I just installed a new Vision Pro Tstat and the everything operates when selected except no heat comes from the vents.

Any suggestions?
Ryan314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

No Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan314 View Post
I have a Lennox Air Handler and outside A/C unit attached. I just installed a new Vision Pro Tstat and the everything operates when selected except no heat comes from the vents.

Any suggestions?
You might want to post this in a new thread. More people will see it.
SKIP4661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,702

No Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan314 View Post

Any suggestions?
Probably wired wrong, or incorrect installer set up values.

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote