Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

No Blower

Miller furnace blower won't start. Wire direct to 110 and 2 speeds work, (red and orange wires) but it won't come on when the furnace heats up. Where to start? What in the control pannel makes the blower motor come on? It's a G3RC080C residential model.

coldnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

No Blower

your saying the control board within the furnace.......so either the motor is controlled from there with a timed delay after the furnace heats up or a temp.disc mounted away from the board in or around the heat exchanger closes and the board calls the fan in.if you have AC just run the FAN ON off the stat,and set the heat as normal.........might produce drafts for now.on the control board you see a black box about 1" square that is the fan relay that does what you did with the direct 115V to test the motor......on that board 24Vs is sent to the relay and the fan runs...........how that 24Vs is ontrolled could be the issue or the relay itself could be getting the 24Vs but not swinging to close.

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

No Blower

I installed a new fan control limit switch, but that didn't do anything. I'm just running a 2 wire stat just for the heat. I can't find any way to just run the blower motor other than a direct jumper to 110. There is a 5 wire connector from the motor to the control board on the furnace... white,black, blue, orange and red. From the connector to the motor is where I fed power to check the motor. Do I have to have a 4 wire stat for the blower to work? Do you know if the motor capacitor has anything to do with whether the motor starts or not? Thanks.
coldnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

No Blower

if you jumped the motor at the board plug then the cap is good.... it is part of the run not start once you jump.....a line voltage stat will do the trick and 2 wires just like your jump will control the motor for now.if the limit disc was the 115V side of the fan coming ON why not just use the new limit control wire it in as the jump? if it was on the 24V side to tell the board to run the fan forget that idea ......it won't take the motor amps on start check here for a board or link to it http://bestbuyheatingandaircondition...cuitboards.htm

Last edited by biggles; 01-14-2009 at 06:30 AM.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote