Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
When is fishing season?

Share |

newmac wood/oil combo forced air furnace questions

okay, first question is a basic furrnace question. When it comes to safety shut off switches, is there supposed to be one AT the furnace? We have one at the top of the basement stairs, and the old furnace had one mounted to the furnace. It uad a jbox where the main power went in and hadd a switch there. The new furnace doesn't have that ability. The wiring for it is all external, but the box where the main power enters has other wiring in it and some relays (i think thats what they are) mounted ont he ourside of it. The furnace is only about 10' from the breaker box (if thtat matters).

2nd question:

With it being wood/oil combo, it requires 2 seperate t-stats. The oil hooks where on the back has a terminal block with 4 screws, T, 3/T, 2, 1. Right now the oil t-stat is hooked into both T's, and reading through the manual it seems that the 2 tstats need to be jumpered together with 1 wire, but I'm not sure where the other wire from the wood t-stat goes.

This is a Newmac CL 86-96C.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #2

I'm not going to be much help but I believe there needs to be a service disconnect within 5 ft. of the furnace. It may need to be closer.
1610 CUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #3

In Maine; in addition to the stairway switch there needs to be one within arms reach of the burner- that way the tech working on it can shut it off in a hurry if need be
Mainah is offline   Reply With Quote