Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Newbie needs help in wiring humidifier.

Hi everyone, I need help in wiring my Aprilaire 600 humidifier/humidistat to my American Standard (Freedom 80) furnace. Let me start off by saying i'm a complete newbie at this, and that I'm not familiar with a lot of HVAC terminology, so i am posting these pictures to get my point across. Ok, so i bought this house a year ago, and never used the humidifier but remember the inspector testing it out, and working. Then a few months ago my cousin (an unlicensed electrician) fiddled around with something and I was left with a humidifier that didn't work. So...here we go

Above is the Humidistat (above left pic) which has a red and white wire on the right that connects to the humidifier (above, right pic), and a red and white wire one the left that connects to nothing (bottom left pic)

The picture on the above right, is just a snapdhot of my control board.

In the pic on the left, the red and white wire connected to the C and Y, come from outside (presumably the AC),while the other four wires come from the thermostat upstairs. and I honestly don't know what the pic on the above right is (my guess is a transformer of some sort)

The Hum-N prong and EAC-N prong are the only ones without wires attached (above left). The above right pic is just a snapshot of the top level of the furnace.

Ok, so I really need help with this guys, and I am willing to answer any questions you guys may have, or post more pics if necessary, but i just need some step by step instructions, because I really want to get the humidifier up and running. Thanks guys.

gm2685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 510

Does your humidifier run if you remove the red and white wires from the 2 yellow wires at your humidifier and touch the 2 yellow wires together?

Houston204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #3

no, it doesn't
Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #4

Problem solved. Just wired the red and white wires to the C and W terminals, and it worked like a charm. Thanks anyway guys.

Please Close Thread.