New furnace and a/c coil install done
Not an original install but a replacement install with parts chosen so as not to need any supply or return plenum sheet metal work.
First, thanks to you guys for the advice, esp for running my Cat 4 vent and intake pipes. Beenthere, Yuri, jjboy etc, were very helpful. The bayvent that beenthere suggested made for an acceptable appearance on the only code compliant location available on my house for a vent. Otherwise it would not have been possible.
Furnace is a Hamilton/York TM9V 96% AFUE 2-stage variable speed 80k BTUH input. I chose this since the 2 stage outputs (48k low fire, 77k high fire) nicely bracketed my old 87k input/67K BTUH output furnace. So I'll have longer run times when it isn't very cold out, quick recovery from night and workday setbacks, and plenty of capacity for those brutal cold days that we occasionaly get. CFM in high fire doesn't sound much different from my old furnace and low fire is nice and quiet. Using default airflow jumper settings.
I decided to keep my 15 year old AC condenser for now but I had a new coil with TXV around so I replaced the old orifice coil (it had a micro leak) while I was at it. Pumped the system down cut the old coil out, brazed in the new one, nitrogen pressure check, evac, reopen service valves.
T'was an interesting project. No real issues... just lots of details to work through. PVC work was a bit of a PITA. The furnace is a really nice piece of hardware and works great.
The only small issue I had with it was the water management of the vent pipe condensate tube. I used a 90 degree barbed elbow in place of the supplied straight barb for the vent collar condensate drain tube to keep the tube inside of the main furnace condensate drain that I needed to have exit the cabinet to the right. I am surprised that they didn't include such a fitting with the furnace.
Anyway, it came out great and should save me some money on gas bills and be quieter and more comfortable than the old setup.
It didn't happen until pics prove otherwise. :no:
You're a hard man, Doc! I'll get some posted up soon.
Furnace and coil installed
90 degree barb in vent collar drain to keep tube off of main furnace cond drain and maintain drain slope. Other wise would have needed to shift main condensate drain to left side which would not be good.
You might very well have yourself a back up career, now. Good job and thanks for the pics. We like to see the evidence. :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.