New To The Board ,,,,, Boiler Project - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

new to the board ,,,,, boiler project

can anyone mentor me thru a boiler project . I am trying to get my peerless 175 k set up on propane . I'm building a skid mounted unit with portable radiators and I would rather do it right the first time ... So I would like for someone draw me a schematic or refine my shematic and parts list...it must be a closed system

Advertisement

Last edited by dingodiesel; 11-08-2006 at 10:12 PM.
dingodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Rewards Points: 500

Hi dingodiesel

The first thing one of us will have to know is if you have checked to see if the LP conversion kit is available. There are a boatload of liabilitys that go with converting fuel sources. If you have checked and there is not one available any longer, I will have to know how many burners and what type and model of gas valve. There are also a ton of different thread configurations and spud lengths. I would personally like to have pictures of the Burner orfices and ( pilot orfice if used) before I will give out this information.

Good luck
Rusty

Advertisement

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #3

There is a factory conversion available I havent purchased it yet .But I did get the boiler brand new series MI-06 peerless. I was looking for the schematic I had but havent found it . It had the boiler mounted on a skid with about a 10 gallon tank next to it . below the tank there was a expansion tank plumbed to a spirotherm microbubble bla bla with what looked like a vacuum relief valve on it ( lexicon 1003-2001 never seen it before) plumbed to a flojet pump in front of that there was a large circulation pump with a spirovent above it . I remember seeing a electriconically actuated valve back around the expansion tank it wasnt plumbed directly to it I think it was a coming from the 10g tank maybe as a supply . There were large quick disconnects for hooking up the radiator lines . The kind you use in a shop with the fan in it .
Old 11-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Rewards Points: 500

Hi dingodiesel

It sounds to me like the 10 gallon tank is probably a heat exchanger. Does it have two pipes going to the boiler and two with quick connects on it. The other thing is it sounds like you have a pretty complete system. I definatly reccomend getting the factory LP conversion. Also if you can give us some pictures past what we have talked about with a description of what you are wanting to do. We will try and make sure you get what you want safely. Also remember there are a lot of talented technicians on this site, each of us have different ways of doing things to some extent, but if you pay close attention you will have no problems.

Rusty
#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #5

I really feel like I'm finally making progress on this . I dont know how the plumbing was all run but as I understand it the tank is like on the supply side the way residential boiler is hooked to the water supply . But since this is a portable unit it has its own . the heat exchangers connect to the unit via the quick disconnects . If I cant find the schematic I have I'll draw one up tonight without the plumping lines run correctly and maybe once you see it you can tell me how its all run

thanks for everything
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #6

#CARRIERMAN i emailed you a drawing

Advertisement