Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #1

Share |

Need to remove old humidistat

I just bought a home and several years ago the former owner replaced the furnace. The old furnace had a humidifier on it.

Now the hallway has both a honeywell round thermostat and an old, useless humidistat on the wall. Problem is I want to upgrade to a programmable thermostat but there is no room for one where the current round one is (between the humidistat and a door jamb).

I haven't touched the humidistat, but I'm guess it comes off like a termostat? The real question is what wires are attached and what will I need to to do with them? Are they potentially live?

Not sure if this is HVAC or electrical, but I thought I'd try here first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

dublozrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Need to remove old humidistat

Should only be 2 wires. And they should have been disconnected at the furnace when the humidifier was removed.

They would only be 24 volts if they wee still connected. but its best to look for them near the furnace and make sure they are disconnected, so you don't short them and burn up a transformer on your furnace.

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote