Need A Reducer For Main Duct - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10

Need a reducer for main duct

Recently I noticed that there is a 1" gap where the original main duct (coming off the furnance/AC) connects to a new duct that we had installed a few years ago. It's on the top side so it was hard to see. The new stuff is about an 1" smaller than the old and the installer (who is no longer in the business....) didn't install a reducer. He just made a flap and put some tap on it and now tons of air blows out since it's only about 2' from the blower. The local hardware stores don't carry reducers like this. Does anyone know where I can have one made or the best way to seal an opening like this?

Thanks for any ideas.


nomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 34,402
Rewards Points: 7,794

Post pic of duct.

You can have a transition made(sheet metal fab shop). But, they will have to make it X inches long.


beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duct work in garage. flashme18 HVAC 1 11-08-2009 06:29 PM
Duct sizing C44 HVAC 3 03-23-2009 04:24 PM
Return duct "boot or no boot" ads67 HVAC 16 01-10-2009 09:38 AM
Flex Duct Advice ssporty21228 HVAC 4 07-23-2008 08:28 PM
Condensation in Wall: Can I Seal a Dryer Duct With Caulk? xquercus HVAC 5 07-01-2007 02:33 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1