Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #1

Share |

Need a part for furnace...

I need a replacement condensate trap for my aire-flo furnace, I have to move the condensate line to the other side of the furnace and the geniuses that installed it glued it straight to a 90 degree elbow going out that side which runs right in front of my air filter (of which I can NOT replace due to this)... I have the part number, I checked a few parts sites online... no one seems to have this part...

AIRE-FLO TRAP CONDENSATE PART # 59M7901

anyone know if you can still get this part anywhere? its for a ~5yr old furnace....

BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

cozyparts.com. They are primarily a Lennox dealer but Lennox owns Aire-flo and with the part # they should be able to order it 4U.

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/

Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
cozyparts.com. They are primarily a Lennox dealer but Lennox owns Aire-flo and with the part # they should be able to order it 4U.

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/
thanks, sent them a request to see if they can get it or have it
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #4

yay they can get it! only $32 for it, compared to the $150 the dealer wanted to get it and install it thats a deal
Old 07-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Hvac Pro

We will split the difference. Yuri works for vodka. Send to Winnipeg via dogsled.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #6

Quote:
We will split the difference. Yuri works for vodka. Send to Winnipeg via dogsled.
I hitched them up, but they dont seem to want to move in 99 degree weather
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBSH View Post
I hitched them up, but they dont seem to want to move in 99 degree weather
Lets see. I can be in your town in a few hours. perhaps if we lighten their load by drinking some of the Vodka. It might help them.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Hvac Pro

Post a pic of the trap now and a closeup of the furnace with both doors off. You can develop a problem with pressure switch tripping/drainage if you relocate the trap. I have a workaround solution for that but need to see your setup.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Post a pic of the trap now and a closeup of the furnace with both doors off. You can develop a problem with pressure switch tripping/drainage if you relocate the trap. I have a workaround solution for that but need to see your setup.
the trap itself doesn't get moved from what I've read there's only one place to mount it, just prime it with water put all the hoses back on and run the PVC elbow the other direction and out the other knockout on the opposite side
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Hvac Pro

Not so simple mon ami. Some Aire Flos are VERY finicky and there is a scenario where it won't siphon properly and fast enough thru the trap and drain the collector box fast enough which backs up water into the secondary coil and intermittently trips the press switch. drove one of my junior techs crazy it did( changed 2 circuit boards and the press switch w/o solving the problem he did). MUST have a continuos bit of slope from the collector box to the trap with NO trapping B4 it gets there. we used a clear hose and could watch the rate the water drained from the collector box and the hose filling up. Had to use a clear hose where it leaves the trap outside the furnace and put an open tee right at the trap exit so it would not vacuum lock and would siphon faster. learned that the HARD way yrs ago with horz AC coils in horz air handlers that don't drain properly/air lock from the suction of the fan. all Lennox units now use an open tee at the exit of the trap so it does not air lock and PROMOTES better siphoning. now you owe Yuri 4 bottles of Vodka.

Last edited by yuri; 07-16-2011 at 12:22 PM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Not so simple mon ami. Some Aire Flos are VERY finicky and there is a scenario where it won't siphon properly and fast enough thru the trap and drain the collector box fast enough which backs up water into the secondary coil and intermittently trips the press switch. drove one of my junior techs crazy it did( changed 2 circuit boards and the press switch w/o solving the problem he did). MUST have a continuos bit of slope from the collector box to the trap with NO trapping B4 it gets there. we used a clear hose and could watch the rate the water drained from the collector box and the hose filling up. Had to use a clear hose where it leaves the trap outside the furnace and put an open tee right at the trap exit so it would not vacuum lock and would siphon faster. learned that the HARD way yrs ago with horz AC coils in horz air handlers that don't drain properly/air lock from the suction of the fan. all Lennox units now use an open tee at the exit of the trap so it does not air lock and PROMOTES better siphoning. now you owe Yuri 4 bottles of Vodka.
only 4? oh... *takes the other 6 off the sled*
Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
Hvac Pro

It is going to be REAL hot here this week over 30 C/90 F for the US. Winnipeg is the Slurpee capital of Canada and Yuri could use the other six for his famous Vodka slurpees. Got to keep hydrated in the hot weather the Boss says.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #13

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

yuri -

What is the exchange rate between the vodkas you showed against real Bison Vodka (should be available in Canada) or Chopin?

Dick
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
Hvac Pro

Not sure about those brands but a 750 ml/26 oz of Smirnoff Red Label is $23 CAN. Our dollar is about par with yours. Our taxation systems are not the same so I don't know how much our Federal Gov't is fleecing us for cigarettes and booze vs yours but it is a lot.

Last edited by yuri; 07-16-2011 at 03:03 PM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #15

*has heart attack* just got a quote from another parts store that just got back to me... they want $198.42 USD !!!! for a plastic box!

59M7901 CONDENSTATE TRAP OEM REPLACEMENT CONDENSTATE TRAP FOR AIRE-FLO UNIT, MODEL AF92MPE125U5B $198.42 USD $198.42 USD