Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

Share |

Need a little help

Ok so I switched from oil heat to gas furnace.Everything got inspected by the city and I was good to go.The furnace ran great for 3 days.But now the heat kicks on for a few seconds then cuts off.I believe I have water in the inducer blower motor.Because when I spin it by hand i can hear the water inside.I dont believe i have the drain hooked correctly.There was a blue piece of paper in the furnace I hooked it up like it showed on the paper but there was no instructions on the paper(and my wife threw it away) but in the book it shows it different.if you go to this link
http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related/IO-299N.pdf
page 21 it shows it hooked to the 90% elbow but mine are both hook to coil front cover instead of 1 hooked to the coil cover and the other to the 90.But there is no hole in the 90 drain port am i suppose to cut a hole for it to drain?

marknn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

Need a little help

Plus in the book that is for an upflow and mine is a downflow not sure if that matters

NVM I figured it out i was suppose to cut a hole and hook the drain hose to the rubber 90.i cut a hole in the 90 and water came pouring out of it.Helps if you read the instructions

Last edited by marknn1985; 11-02-2011 at 08:50 PM.
marknn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #3

Need a little help

if the squirrel cage lower part is filled with water drill the lowest poit to drain it into a cup then remove the orange tube from the round silver pressure switch that goes into the fan squirrel housing blow it out...connect it to the pressure switch lightly blow into it hearing a clicking OK reconnect to the fan squirrel housing resatrt...keep in mind the Induced draft runs first from a call for heat from the stat and swich has to sense air thru that tube to start the sequence....
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote