need information to decide
I need to install a new AC in my house. Several contractors have given me their quotes as follows:
1. $6600 for: Carrier Performance 80 furnace, Performance 15 AC (2 ton, 15 SEER). Refrigerant puron.
2. $6000 for: Trane XL80 furnace, XR13 AC (2 ton, 13 SEER). Refrigerant R-22
I feel hard to decide since this is my first time to install a new AC system. I have the following questions:
1. is there any big difference between those two systems beside price difference? For example, in terms of maintenance, quality and reliability. Carrier is a little bit more expensive, so is it worth shooting for Carrier system by spending more?
2. Is it really true that I can only get Freon supply (if repair is needed in future) until 2020 or 2030? That means my new AC will run out of Freon 13 years from now. Maybe that is the lifetime of a new AC system, I am not sure.
3. Carrier contractor claims Performance 80 is much quiet comparing to Trane system. Does some one have such experience?
Thanks for all your information.