Need Help With Chimney Flue - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help with chimney flue

Newbie here with a question on concentric chimney flues. I finished my upstairs that was originally framed up but never sheetrocked. The chimney flue from a downstairs fireplace ran through an upstairs wall at an angle, but that wall wasn't framed all the way. When I sheetrocked, insulated, and ran electrical in the walls upstairs, I had to complete the framing of this wall so I removed the chimney flue. It was spring in south Louisiana so I just figured I'd put it back later. It's later now, and my wife wants me to put the flue back. problem is that I now have walls in the way where the flue used to go up to the chimney cap. I have tried to re-route the flue to no avail. I have called a fireplace installer and he said no straight run flues will work but doesn't deal with flexible flues. I have looked up flexible flues and found "liners" but not flues, and then again, I have no clue if I can use them. So, here is the question, are concentric flexible flues available, and are they safe?

Thanks in advance....Ray in South Louisiana

Advertisement

rwinsouthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

bump....anyone have an opinion?

Advertisement

rwinsouthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Check your fp manual, it will have all or nearly all the info that you need to vent your particular fp.
hvac benny is offline   Reply With Quote