Naimhash/HVAC - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

naimhash/HVAC

Hello, everyone, anyone who can help quickly. Here is the problem:
I have a Carrier 9200 heating and cooling system. There is suddenly no heat. The LED is flashing code 33. When the furnace is turned on, the blower starts, the inducer motor starts, the ignition kicks in, and it runs for about five to ten minutes or so, and then it turns off and LED starts flashing code 33. I have checked all the air ducts, nothing is obstructed as far as I can see. I have replaced the flame roll out switch, the one that you push once to manually auto reset...not helping! Checked all the connections that are visble from outside....seems to be no problem. The thermostat seems to kick in fine. PLEASE ADVISE ANYONE. Thanks.

Advertisement

naimhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
retired elect/hvac/plumb

Location: south east of omaha/The island of misfit contractors
Rewards Points: 2,010

naimhash/HVAC

what does code 33 say on the wiring diagragm?

Advertisement

plummen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plummen For This Useful Post:
naimhash (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #3

naimhash/HVAC

It says: Limit or flame Roll-out switch is open. If open more than three minutes code changes to #13; and in my case it does that i.e. after three minutes the code changes to #13. Code 13 says:Limit or Flame Roll-Out swith Lockout. So, how tp take care of it. First of all where and which is the Limit/Flame Roll-out switch? According to my understanding (which may be wrong), I have changed the switch, but it still does not work! Thanks, and let me know what else I can do.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
retired elect/hvac/plumb

Location: south east of omaha/The island of misfit contractors
Rewards Points: 2,010

naimhash/HVAC

Turn power off at furnace and look for reset button on any switches around burner compartment,usually 2-3 of these little switches in that area.
Wait a few minutes and turn power back on to see if code resets itself.
Watch furnace with door off to see if the flame is rolling out when it fires up before reinstalling door
plummen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

Rewards Points: 500

naimhash/HVAC

If roll out switch is pop. That is crack heat exchanger. You will need a service tech. P.S. Glad I'm not changing out that heat exchanger. They send shell and a bi*$% to replace
Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

Rewards Points: 500

naimhash/HVAC

But sure on that model tho. Hate Bryant replacement on heat exchanger. I come out cut up and t-off
Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #7

naimhash/HVAC

Well there is only one switch that I could find. Also, the wiring diagram shows only one such switch, and this switch is working fine...I don't know what else could be the problem. I can only say that my gut feeling is that whatever is the problem, it's minor,,,and only an experienced person can tell what it could be. So far no success. Good luck to me! It's getheat!ting very cold and difficult without the
Old 12-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 862

naimhash/HVAC

the primary/main limit switch sits in the wall of the heat exchanger/front plate near the burners and has 2 wires to it and usually a rating of L170 or such. yours is tripping from poor airflow caused by dirty ac coil or other restriction.
Attached Images

naimhash (01-06-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #9

naimhash/HVAC

I finally gave up, and asked the tech to come over. He found nothing wrong with the switches. The fault was with the intake air. The duct in the crawl space is damaged vs came off the vent because originally it was taped and not clamped. He has given an estimate of $550. Any cheaper way of taking care of this problem? The tech has completely disconnected the intake air duct, and the furnace is heating fine! But the airduct(s) have to be taken care of!

Advertisement