My G26 Will Not Stay Lit!!! Very Cold, Very Pregnant Wife. - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Exclamation

My G26 will not stay lit!!! very cold, very pregnant wife.

Hi, I have been having troubles with my Lennox model G26Q3-50-1. The original concern was that the pilot would not light, ever. I found that i was only getting 17V to the pilot valve. Replaced Johnson Controls ignition module with a BASCO unit. Plugged her all in and away it went, thought it was fixed. Then woke up to a cold house the next morning. When i check the furnace the burner was not, well, burning. the blower was still operating. the control module blinks a flash code 6. according to my manual, flash code 6 means that the module suffered a software malfunction and i need to restart unit. restarting the unit typically resolves concern for 20 or 30 minutes, then it goes off again. any ideas? the cendensate drain tube has an inspection t installed where it crosses the floor and goes into the wall, i do not know where in the wall the fumes or water is supposed to go. there is standing water in the section of pvc on the floor. what does this mean? if the condensate is causing burner to go out can that cause module to flash code 6 as well? can someone please explain what the condensate trap/drain/whatever does for system operation and how it can affect performance. your help is GREATLY appreciated. thank you!

Advertisement

coldindesmoines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Have you done the annual maintenance yet? If not start there.
Remove burners and wire brush the front of them. Clean the flame sensor. Blow out condensate lines,including the one at the bottom of the rubber boot that hooks to the flue.

Advertisement

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I have cleaned the filters. the condensate drain is holding water, the pvc is glued to trap, will this standing water kill the furnace?
coldindesmoines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

that fan running do you mean the main supply fan into the ducts or the smaller on on the furnace that pressurizes the plastic flue piping...with the 115 toggle switch off on the furnace remove the rubber tub from the small ducting there at the small motor.that motor is the Induced ZDraft motor and is the first thing to run from a heating call.that silver round pressure switch with the 2 wired to it has to close right after the ID starts.this tells the board air is present and to start the ignition then the main gas....remove that tube from the duct and blow into it lightly want to here click every time... might be moisture in there....check that pilot valve voltage for 24V....did you have the same lighting failure on the first board?
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldindesmoines View Post
I have cleaned the filters. the condensate drain is holding water, the pvc is glued to trap, will this standing water kill the furnace?
Backed up condensate makes the inducer spin too slow so the furnace will not work. It will be fine once you get the maintenance done. That's the list I gave above,not just cleaning a filter.

Last edited by Marty S.; 11-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote