Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #1

Share |

Is my Comfortmaker electric furance toast?

I have a Comfortmaker electric furnace. A previous homeowner had an Aprilaire all-house humidifer installed directly above the fuse panel. Although I have had the humidifier disconnected since I bought the house 5 years ago, (no water flows through it) it appears that water dripped onto the fuse panel when the previous owner had it hooked up.

Last week the furnace stopped working and my HVAC repairman said the fuse panel has "heavy water/burn damage" and needs to be replaced. He got the system up and running temporarily by replacing the fuses. Problem is, he said the company no longer makes this fuse panel as a replacement part and that I would need to replace the furanace all together.

I'm just trying to verify if this is true - do I need a new furnace or is this part still available? The number my HVAC man gave me is DEBD020GBV. Serial number on the furnace (I believe) is SNL923735070.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Nels0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #2

Is my Comfortmaker electric furance toast?

if you can remove the exsisting fuses/box and mount a new fuse panel right where the old one was.then run the power wires into the new box with new fuses and bring the heater wires into it.if the old one is part of the unit completely bypass it with new stuff...12" to the left or right top to bottom won't effect the heater power for remounting the new box and extending the wires.the house power should be easy to swing away and reconnect...it is the heater wires into the new box location that has to be done right.

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote