Moving HVAC Register - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Moving HVAC Register

I am in the process of starting a kitchen remodel and have run into issue regarding an HVAV register in the wall above the current cabinets. The problem is the new cabinets will be taller and will cover the register. What are my options for rerouting the register. The wall height is 8' and slopes upward to 12' in the middle of the room. The wall is also a load bearing wall for the engineered roof trusses. The wall ducting comes from the trunk line in a crawl space. Is it possible to cut through the top plate of the load bearing wall and extend the ductwork up into the attic and then install the new register in the ceiling above or in front of the cabinets on the sloped ceiling?

Advertisement

sailcnc is offline   Reply With Quote