Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Monitor 2400 Error Codes + wont stay lit

I have a Monitor 2400 kero fired heater about 5 years old. Last week I found a load of water in my fuel tank. I drained out the affected fuel from the tank, changed the fuel filter, and blew out the line from the heater to the fuel filter.
In addition I drained the fuel from the pump assembly inside the heater. Before I realised the fuel had water I changed the igniter, but the old one was good and I put the old one back in the heater.
Currently the unit if firing up just fine, coming up to temperature and the room fan is coming on to circulate room air. The heater will run for a while, then shut down, displaying the E-14 code. On another forum it was suggested that the computer was "locked up" and I removed the power plug long enough for the unit to loose memory and I had to reset the clock.
The start up cycle sounds fine, the normal (to me) amount of sounds from the fuel pump. Those of you who ran out of fuel will recall the hollow "thumping" sound the unit makes when it attempts to fill the pot again. I am not having this issue. Past experience tells me that when the unit runs out of fuel, it does not start up right away untill fuel is in the line. This is not the case as my heater fires up right away.

Help?

Fathertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Hvac Pro

What does that code mean? Should have a legend on one of the doors or service/owners manual.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
What does that code mean? Should have a legend on one of the doors or service/owners manual.
Thats part of the problem. The owners manual lists two reasons for that code. One page states its an overheat condition, another page calls it a flame failure or out of fuel code.
Fathertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

Did you change the nozzle? does it have one? absolutely necessary if it had water in tank. May be sputtering/bad spray pattern.

Need to "monitor it" (couldn't resist) while it is running to see if the fan motor is slowing down/failing and causing it to overheat. At the end of the cycle put your hand on the motor. Should be able to hold it there comfortably. If it is overheating then the capacitor may be weak or the motor is seizing and dying. Clean air filter?

Last edited by yuri; 10-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote