Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #1

Share |

mobile home furnace keeps shutting down

i have a thermo pride mobile home burner that i use to burn kerosene. the oil company switch hands and supplied me home heating oil#2 the burner keeps shutting down after a week or so due to carbon on electrodes. oil repai man keeps cleaning it instead of replacing it. should i go back to kerosene. also nozzle and screen has been changed.

wfitzp1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Regular heating oil won't harm it. The new nozzle may not be the right spray angle. Or may be a bad one out of the box.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #3

the service man change the nozzle 2 or 3 times in the past 6 weeks. clean the electrodes a times. the mobile home burner thermo pride is ten years old the first five years no problem been burning kerosene. the last five home heating oil#2 . might had problem once each year in the last five years, except this year since october the serviceman must of came by 6 times. is it time for a new one. 2 of the servicemen told me to go back to kerosene which there company dont carry anymore. dont know what to do.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Is your burner on a single or 2 pip oil line. If 2 pipe, there may be a slight air leak in the supply line and that can cause what your having.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
wfitzp1015 (02-24-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Is your burner on a single or 2 pip oil line. If 2 pipe, there may be a slight air leak in the supply line and that can cause what your having.
The oil tank is on a two line pipe system. Im thinking of getting another oil tank with a one pipe system. The tank is kind of old and also putting new tank in diffrent location.